Saturday, August 16, 2008

Catching Up

Well, it has been an awful long time since I posted on this blog. I'd like to say it has been very busy, but life at the storage unit is never really that busy. We have however, had a lot of things happen since the last post.

I have had a few diagnosis's on my wrist, I say a few because it has changed a few times, I hope that doesn't happen again. At first a few different doctors put their heads together and felt that my wrist was messed up due to an infection caused likely by the surgery that I had. They put me on this really really strong anti-biotic that was given through a PICC line in my arm. A PICC line is essentially an IV with a tube that runs through a vein up my arm and then drops straight into the heart.

This particular drug was short lived. After a week of three doses a day, I went to southern California for a job interview with the city of Pasadena where I started reacting to the medication. Luckily my Mom drove down with me and was able to help (basically drive almost the entire way home) me out. Shala met me in Fremont and took me to the hospital where I had a nice 4-day stay while they changed my medication and attempted to figure out what was wrong with my wrist. There is something about my body that I really do not like that confuses doctors, it seems like nobody can ever figure out what is wrong with me. As one doctor said, "I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out what is wrong with you, and based on the number of doctors you have seen, it looks like everybody else is in the same boat."

After a visit to my second rheumatologist, I finally have somebody who is confident about his diagnosis. According to this guy it is Rheumatoid Arthritis. I can't say I am very excited about this news as it is a terrible thing to have especially at 26 years old, but it is nice to have an idea of what is wrong with me. I say an idea of what is wrong instead of knowing what is wrong because it has changed a bunch of times already.

I'll fill more in later.

No comments: