Well, I am in the midst of a true war that will never end. It's true, it will go on forever. This war has been given an official name, "The War on Weeds". No this war does not have anything to do with the war on drugs and is not affiliated with all of the recent pot raids that have happened around here. It has everything to do with the pesky weeds that grow in our fields and in the cracks of our driveways and such.
The main weapon against this merciless opponent is Round-Up Super Concentrate diluted a little
stronger than the directions indicate. The lethal agent is spread in two ways; through a portable sprayer, and through the hose sprayer. Either way the kill ratio is around 100%.Normaly we use nothing but chemical warfare tactics, but the last few days I had to pull out the cavalry. A Kubota tractor with a flail mower attachment. This battle took place away from the concrete trenches of the normal storage area in the 5 acre field on the other side of the east fence. This was also a much larger opponent with some weeds being over six feet tall.
Luckily, no matter how merciless or formidable the opponent, they are still no match for the Prices. While Shala was out and about today she was able to snap a few photos of our allies here at the storage unit. The hawk has even landed on the little bars in front of Jazzlyn's room while Shala was changing a diaper right in front of the window. There was also a wild turkey that found
its way on to the roof of a storage building and stood right above Shala and Jazzlyn. We are not for sure it was a turkey, but it sure looked like one and it was HUGE. Our friendly lizards are all over the place fighting their own war agains the little bugs. While mowing in the field I also saw a large blue heren pull a rat/gopher out of the field.
its way on to the roof of a storage building and stood right above Shala and Jazzlyn. We are not for sure it was a turkey, but it sure looked like one and it was HUGE. Our friendly lizards are all over the place fighting their own war agains the little bugs. While mowing in the field I also saw a large blue heren pull a rat/gopher out of the field.The other day I watched Jazz for the last hour and a half of work while Shala went to class. We were listening to the A's game on the radio at the same time. There was a moment when the A's scored, I told Shala to clap and she spent the next few minutes babbling and clapping her hands. It was a fun moment for the two of us.

3 comments:
WOW, I'm so glad Shala has got the clapping thing down. We had our doubts there for a while. :) I'm diggin the new ride guys, looks like fun!
I love the tractor! We're jealous, we want to take it for a spin...that and the golf cart! :)
You guys look like you have a sweet situation for a young family! This is cousin Maren here. I found your link on the Family Letter Online Blog. Darrell, I hope your wrist gets better soon and that you win the battle with the weeds.
Post a Comment