
Last night I was trying to think of something to do with Jazzlyn during the day that would allow her to get out and run around while experiencing something a little different. Just as I was going to resign to the idea of another park (we've been visiting all of the different playgrounds around our new place lately), I recalled an article I read a while back about the bear in front of Arnold's office at the Capital. I decided I'd get a picture of Jazz with the bear and hope by some star we might include the Governor himself in the picture. Unfortunately the Governor was not present, but we did get a picture of her and I with the bear (she wouldn't let me put her down for a solo shot).
We also kicked a ball around Capital Park and chased butterflies and picked a few flowers from the rose garden. We decided it would be best to stay on the park side of the building as there seemed to be people protesting everything that anyone might think government is doing wrong in front of the Capital. We saw signs from laid off teachers, health care reform, energy, taxes, water (Kill Fish, Not Farms was a favorite), and the air resources board. There were a bunch of trucks circling capital park and the capital the entire time with giant signs plastered to them about shutting down the California Air Resources Board, why is this important, it's not to me but they sure made traffic a nightmare for everybody near the park.
Jazzlyn also played a little soccer with one of the CHP Officers that were monitoring one of the intersections. Maybe next time I'll pick a quieter day to take her to the Bear (Da Bah in Arnold speak). It sure is a pleasant place, maybe I should make it my place of work also....


FYI: From what I was told a year or so ago, Arnold saw the bear at an art gallery while he was on vacation and said he had to have it. So he bought it with his own money and shipped it to the capital with his own money so that children could take pictures with it in front of his office. There is an article in the SacBee from a while ago that has the same CHP officer in front of the doors as the guy I talked to today.
1 comment:
Jazz is getting so big. It sounds like it was a fin Daddy daughter day. We look forward to those once again...soon!!
Post a Comment